Peninsula Doctor, an established, successful, Concierge Family Medical practice is seeking a Board Certified Medical Assistant (MA) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to join our growing practice and provide dedicated, high quality, personalized care for our patients. Our patients’ experience with you should leave them feeling you have met their needs in ways that go above and beyond even when they aren’t in need.
- High Level Patient Care including coordination with outside providers
- Prepare the necessary information (i.e. lab and procedural results), equipment and supplies for the appointment
- Assist physicians with procedure set-ups, patient procedures and examinations
- Perform patient care, including vital signs, weight, rooming, assisting with procedures, medication administration (vaccinations), injections and other necessary tests
- Administer medication following approved procedures and only after checking medication and dose with Physician
- Process requests for prescription refills according to established practice
- As required, perform waived testing (urine dipstick, urine pregnancy test, blood glucose testing), perform EKGs, and administer immunizations
- Collect and send specimens to appropriate labs for testing per protocol
- Assist the physician with maintaining preventive health measures for a panel of patients
- Promptly and accurately report and refer to a patient’s concerns and symptoms, reactions, and changes to physician
- Schedules, edits, and maintains patient appointments for new and returning patients, using EMR
- Schedule specialty appointments as needed for the patient
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms, hallways and work areas
- Effectively respond to inquiries from patients, their relatives and/or referring physicians on services and provide accurate information in a timely fashion
- Act as a patient advocate, coordinator and liaison for each patient of our practice
- Collects patient demographic and insurance data and enters into systems as well as assigns medical record numbers
- Assure appropriate verifications and authorizations are complete before the patient sees specialty providers
- Assist with all messaging from the patient to the physician in a timely manner
Job Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years as a full time medical assistant. Experience in Family and Internal Medicine is a plus
- Experience as a Phlebotomist or must be open to learning (phlebotomy is a big part of the job)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and be able to prioritize tasks
- Have strong Clinical and Social Sensitivity, i.e. be able to read social cues
- Must have 5 strong references from current and past employees
- Must be vaccinated for Covid-19
- Full-time employment
- Work-balanced lifestyle
- Highly competitive salary
- Vacations & paid holidays
- Generous benefit package including medical & 401K
- Peninsula Doctor’s Concierge Medical practice restores the simple and powerful vision that the relationship between a physician and a patient should form the vital core of primary care.
- Our team is dedicated to creating better health outcomes by building deeper, more lasting connections to our patients. We combine these patient-first values with the best of personalized diagnostics and preventative care to treat the person as a whole, and to help our patients achieve their fullest, healthiest lives.
- In order to provide the best care to patients, we believe physicians should have more input on their schedules, be able to determine the length and the number of their daily appointments, and have uncompromised time to treat, research, and communicate directly with patients as necessary. And because we believe our medical team deserves a genuine work-life balance, you’ll be free to devote as much attention to your family as you do to your patients.
- To make that possible, we’ve committed ourselves to getting to know you as an MA or LVN and to creating a working environment that will allow you to succeed and to focus on your work. We do it because we believe that exceptional primary care relies on an exceptional workplace experience for each and every member of our team.